Marketing with a purpose for the common good.
I believe marketing can change the world.
Alysia Gradney is a first-generation Jamaican American, born and raised in sunny California. She is a mom, wife, womanist, soapmaker, and karaoke star.
As a marketer and communications professional, I want to use my skills to change the world.
I want to make a positive impact on the world. So I founded The Gudz to help change agents, community leaders, disruptors, and trailblazers transform ideas into actions that change the world.
When we work together, I’ll combine public interest communication strategies, digital marketing tactics, human-centered design, and a womanist lens to build people-first touchpoints that create social change.
I love working with mission-driven projects, organizations, teams, and brands to build empowered supporter journeys, campaigns, and events.
Your go-to collaborator to grow your impact.
Speaking topics for the common good.
- More Than A Hook: Impactful Storytelling to Maximize Your Mission
- Be A Data Geek: Leveraging Analytics to Attract New Supporters
- Got a Dollar? The $1 Social Media Strategy to Maximize Your Mission
- Write Like A Human: Understanding Language & Algorithms for Social Impact
My guiding principles.
- To protect the inherent worth and dignity of every person.
- To promote justice, equity, and compassion in human relations.
- To empower diverse perspectives by empathizing and honoring lived experiences.
- To help social impact brands, businesses, organizations, initiatives, and projects succeed.
- To inspire change through diverse, authentic, and relatable storytelling.
- To challenge stereotypes and preconceptions with a positive portrayal of lived experiences.
- To use marketing communication strategies and events to inspire action and make a lasting social impact.
The Gudz is headquartered in Houston, Texas while maximizing missions worldwide. The Greater Houston area has served as a site of Indigenous peoples, specifically the Atakapa-Ishak, Tāp Pīlam Coahuiltecan, the Sana band of the Tonkawa tribe, and Karankawa nations. Only the Atakapa-Ishak and Tāp Pīlam Coahuiltecan Nations have survived colonization.
Meet Alysia, founder + shero.
A marketing communication professional with 15+ years of experience, Alysia has earned the Certified Digital Marketing Professional (CDMP) credential from the Digital Marketing Institute and the American Marketing Association’s Professional Certified Marketer in Digital Marketing endorsement (PCM-DM).
You may know Alysia from her work as the Sr. Director of Digital Marketing at Vision Source. Still, Alysia can also be credited with contributions to Cognia (formerly AdvancED) and the Sadie Nash Leadership Project.
Alysia has been honored with the MARsum Top 100 Marketing & Advertising Leaders Award in 2021, an invite-only membership to the Forbes Communications Council, and was named one of the Most Influential Women in Optical by Vision Monday in 2017.
A double major in Comparative Women’s Studies and Sociology, Alysia holds two bachelor’s degrees from Spelman College; and a master’s degree in Women’s Studies from Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia.
Alysia currently resides in the Greater Houston area with her wife and daughter. She has been featured in Forbes, the Houston Chronicle, and Vision Monday and has volunteered with Child Builders, St. Peter United, and Optical Women’s Association.